Accomplished Instructor and Systems Engineer with 20 years of experiences in multiplatform environments. Highly experienced in cross-platform environments such as Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, Chromebooks, and Microsoft Windows.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATION
- Apple Certified Trainer
- iOS Deployment Essentials
- Apple Support Professional
- Certified Casper Technician
- Google Apps Deployment 101
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
- Microsoft Office Support Professional
- CompTIA A+ certified
- Strength in translating complex technical principals for non-specialists so the concepts are easily understood and managed
- Specialize in developing plans and strategies using Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Determine appropriate solutions to problems including software, hardware, network, and system integration requirements
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks
- Advanced troubleshooting of servers, networks, firewalls, profiles, imaging, operating systems, and device management
- Strength in making tasks automated and repeatable, while collaborating with others in improving manageability
LearnQuest, Atlanta GA. 2016 to Present
Engineer. Trainer: Apple Certified Trainer and Google Big Data and Machine Learning Trainer. Responsible for developing and administrating classroom content. Used in environments to maximize engagement while applying cutting-edge technologies. Instruct classes on iOS Deployment, macOS Server, Support Essentials, Google Cloud Platform for Systems Operations Professionals, and Google Cloud Platform Big Data & Machine Learning.
Bell Techlogix, Smyrna, GA 2013 to 2016
Systems Engineer: Responsible for integrating Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions into corporate and educational environments. Instruct IT managers in the setup and execution of VPP, DEP, and Apple School Manager. Engineering lead for the deployment of iPads, Macs, PCs, and Chromebooks. Specialize in the use of JAMF in a cross-platform environment from Linux, Mac OS, and Windows. Develop and maintain processes for IT services to perform setup, installation, and configuration of hardware and software. Lead training classes for clients on-site and at training facilities all over the country. Integrate Microsoft, Apple, macOS, and iOS clients into heterogeneous environments (Active Directory, Open LDAP, Samba). Work with organizations to provide instruction and training on incorporating mobile device OSs into existing computer architecture, usually involving MDM. Advise and work with staff in how to best utilize this technology in their area of influence. Provide training for partners such as Microsoft, Apple, AT&T, PNC Bank, Lenovo, and Acer.
Daniel Sellers, Peachtree City, GA 2011 to 2013
Consultant and Apple Certified Trainer: Oversaw medium to large-scale deployment of Mac and iOS systems including pre and post sales and technical support. Engineered solutions for deploying iOS and Android devices with various MDM providers. Acted as the architect for integration of cross-platform environments such as Windows, Mac, Linux, and Unix. Prepared all aspects of successful training classes including the initial contact with clients, ordering equipment, invoicing, and follow-ups.
Apple, Inc., Senoia, GA 2009 to 2011
Apple At Home Expert, Apple Care Home Based Advisor: Worked remotely with co-workers and management. Provided technical support for Apple Care customers. Worked from home with superior time management and prioritization skills. Analyzed and resolved a wide variety of complex technical customer issues. Identified, diagnosed, documented, and resolved hardware and software issues with customers to fix computers.
The Campus Private Academy, Peachtree City, GA 2003 to 2009
Director of Technology: Purchaser of all software and hardware (computers, routers, monitors, printers, etc). Solved computer problems for students, faculty, and staff of widely varying technical abilities. Created a network environment that worked in unison with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Translated new requirements for technology into IT project plans for improved solutions. Provided strong organizational leadership in key technological developments resulting in a significant gain in employee morale and productivity. Insured all team members were appropriately trained. Instructed classes on hardware and software troubleshooting, technology marketing trends, and evolving wireless technology including cellular mobile devices and consumer electronics.
- Office 365, March 2014 to Present
Contract with Microsoft to advance corporate users’ understanding of moving their infrastructure from on- premises to cloud computing.
- Georgia Department of Transportation, June 2015
Provided services as a liaison and consultant. Met with various groups in The GDOT Planning Division. Provided guidance regarding current IT infrastructure. Planned possibilities in the deployment of mobile devices in a cross platform environment.
- MacTech Bootcamp Speaker, March 2013-2015
Presented deployment options, imaging, packages and the tools needed to be productive and efficient.
- Explorations in Antiquity Center, August 2012 to 2015
Building technological back-end infrastructure for museum in a mixed Operating System environment including Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS.
- Taking a Bite Out of Technology, October 2013
Guest speaker for the WCR group for Coweta County. Presented to local business owners, accountants, realtors, lawyers, and developers about ways to improve business productivity using mobile technology.
- Edgy Podcast Reviews, December 2007 to September 2010
Provided an easy method for podcast listeners to sort through the numerous directories and the large numbers of individual podcasts to determine which ones have an interest for them.
- JAMF Nation, March 2012 to Present
- MacAdmins Slack, April 2016 to Present
- New Hope Baptist Church, 2010 to Present
- Participate in annual mission trip to assist the Tonga villages in Siabuwa, Zimbabwe
- Dogwood Church (formerly Braelinn Church), 1998 to 2010
University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
Bachelor of Science in Business Economics – 2000